Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM | Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
(901) 753-9499

Hiring an Attorney


Do I really need an Immigration attorney to handle my case? How do I decide if I need an Immigration Attorney?

There is no exact response for answering these questions but hopefully this will help:

Why You Probably Need a Lawyer:

Immigration to the U.S. can be one of the most stressful, important, and yet rewarding experiences. Relocating to a new country is stressful enough on its own let alone the process of obtaining the proper travel documents and residency documentation. This is one of the main reasons many people seek the assistance of an immigration attorney.

While some succeed and have succeeded in filing their own applications, their success came at a huge risk of making mistakes. Filing your own application (s) puts you at a higher risk of mistakes in cost, time, or even both.

Many rely solely on agencies such as the U.S. Department of State or U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services, reliance on solely these agencies is not advisable for the following reasons:

  • Information on these governmental sites are intended for educational purposes only NOT advisory/counseling purposes
  • Information on these sites may not be wholly inclusive of your particular situation
  • Information on these sites may not particularly address your particular case/circumstances and are only intended to provide general information
  • Government Agencies do not frankly have the time nor resources to properly assess each individual case on their website and will rather give a more general perspective
  • These agencies have no liability for the information they provide on their sites

Furthermore, American Immigration law is a very politically divisive area of law with constant changes. Thus, it is advisable to obtain an Immigration attorney for even the most seemingly “simple” applications because a mistake could be grave and could trigger a number of consequences.

Contact Law Office of E.M. Wafula if you feel you need an Immigration attorney to handle your particular case.