Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM | Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
(901) 753-9499

Immigration Law

Law Office of E.M.Wafula handles both Family immigration applications as well as Employment-based applications. Below is a list of the various fields in which the firm practices. If you have a question about an immigration issue that is not listed below, contact us to find out if it is something the Law Office can handle.

Family Immigration and Naturalization

If you have any family members who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents and would like to file a green card application for a spouse, then contact us. Law Office of E.M. Wafula also assists US Citizens or permanent residents to obtain a visa for a family member.

  • Adjustment of Status Applications (I-485)
  • Green Card Renewals
  • Immigrant Relative Petitions (I-130)
  • Fianc√© Visa Applications, Adjustment of Status (Green Card) Applications
  • Removal of Conditions on Conditional Resident Card (Green Card)
  • Immigrant Visa Applications (Consular Processing)
  • Naturalization (Citizenship) Applications
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Applications
  • Applications for Certificates of Citizenship
  • Work Permit Applications
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
  • U.S. Passport Applications and others

Employment-Based Visas

Law Office of E.M. Wafula handles visa applications/needs for employers whether you’re a small businesses or large company in the country.

  • EB-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability

Individuals in this category can apply for permanent residency without the certification process if they can document extraordinary ability in sciences, arts athletics, business, or education

  • EB-1 Outstanding Professors and Researchers

Available to top academic staff whose University or Research Organization petitions for their visa

  • Multinational Executives and Managers

Available to individuals whose employers transfer them to the US from overseas

  • Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts, or Business

Available to Individuals who normally must ALREADY have a job offer and the employer must complete a labor certification process with the US Department of Labor. The Labor Certification process includes a testing of the job market to show that the potential visa holder will not take a job away from a US worker. In some circumstances, the job offer and labor certifications may be waived.

  • EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals

Available to Individuals who normally must ALREADY have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process

  • Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers

Religious ministers are eligible for permanent residency

  • EB-5 Investor/Employment Creation Visas

Available to certain investors in new commercial enterprises who create employment for ten individuals. Congress sets aside up to 10,000 visas per year for alien investors in this category under the 1990 Immigration Act.

  • O-Visa

Available to individuals with sustained national or international ability in their field.